When you’re packing for your average holiday, it can be a little bit stressful, but generally completely doable and easy. However, when you’re packing for the holiday of a lifetime, and know you’re going to be going to one of the most stunning, unique locations in the world, the packing gets a little bit trickier. You know you’re going to be having the time of your life in a luxurious, picturesque haven, so you want to ensure you have everything you need to have the best possible time during your stay. Here is a helpful list to help you pack perfectly for your trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Leave Yourself Enough Time
Don’t leave yourself a short amount of time to pack, this never ends well and it’s going to make you stressed. Plus, your holiday won’t have been particularly cheap, so it’s a disservice to your hard earned cash to rush the packing for this memorable holiday you’re about to enjoy. Make sure months before that your passport will be in date by the trip, if it won’t be – use an express order service and get it renewed – you won’t be going anywhere if it’s out of date. Try to have your suitcase open in your room in the weeks leading up to the trip so you can be slowly adding items in the lead up. Try to make a list of things you need to have next to the case, so you can tick them off as you add them.
Some items you could forget and replace when you get there, others you forget may mean you don’t get any further than the airport.
Ensure you take these essentials with you:
- Your Passport – keep it in a passport holder in your carry on bag.
- Travel Documents – this will be itineraries, travel tickets, your driver’s license and any other document you need to get to the islands.
- Other Documents – this may be details about the accommodation, insurance details, emergency contact numbers etc. Make sure all of these are kept in a folder in your carry on bag.
- Money – Make sure your travel money or bank cards are securely held in your carry on bag.
- Carry On Bag – as well as the items mentioned above this should also include any other items you might need during your travels including – spare clothes if you can, just in case your main luggage is lost or delayed, toiletries, prescription medicines, your phone, phone charger and travel adapter.
- Photocopies – Try to make photocopies of all your documents so that if you lose any, you have a copy with you. The photocopies should be kept in your main luggage.
It’s going to be lovely and hot when you reach the islands, which means you need to consider two things when you pack – heat and humidity. Consider taking lightweight clothing like shorts, tshirts, vest tops and skirts as well as plenty of pairs of socks if you’re going to be active – your feet will get sweaty very quickly! Remember to take at least one or two items of warmer clothing if you plan to go sea fishing, the temperature is always cooler at sea. You should also ensure you take some clothes to dress up in as many of the restaurants and accommodation is luxury, which means some can have dress codes.
Remember to take a lot of sun cream with you as there will be a lot of sun and you need to try to stop yourself getting sunburnt. Use high factor sun cream which is waterproof as you will more than likely be enjoying a lot of water based activities. Take items like sunblock and after sun as well so that you are completely prepared – it is better to be safe than sorry.
Other Items To Include Are:
- Sea-sickness tablets
- Basic over the counter medications
- Insect repellent
As well as all the basics you’re going to want a selection of extras as well so you’re prepared for every eventuality. Consider taking the following with you:
- Electronics – take your phone, a phone adapter, hair straighteners and other essential electronics with you. Remember a lot of your holiday will probably be spent outside away from any gadgets and gizmos, however, you’re going to want to look your best and catch all the action on cameras and camera phones so make sure you have those with you to record all your special memories.
- Towels – If you’re going to a luxury resort like coralgardensdirect.com you won’t need to take your own towels for use in the room, but they may not want you to take those towels on the beach for obvious reasons so it is worth taking one or two with you just in case.
- Your Smile! – You are going to one of the most beautiful places in the world, take your smile with you and enjoy yourself, you’re going to have an incredible time!