Every year thousands of people are relocating to Portugal from different countries for either education or job purpose. Some people also relocate with the intention of getting a Portuguese residency. You need to follow a proper guide for having a smooth Portugal relocation without any inconveniences or hassles. You can get this guide easily from the site of any relocation company dealing with the process of Portugal relocation.
Key steps to be followed:
- Obtain Portuguese permits and visas: Permits and visas are the basic requirements of residency at Portugal. You have to fulfil the visa requirements along with the maintenance of passport validity for relocating safely in Portugal.
- Open bank account: Opening a bank account is very much necessary especially if you want to become a permanent resident of Portugal. You have to provide all necessary documents to your nearest bank branch for opening a permanent account out there. This account will help you to keep your savings.
- Look for accommodation: You should look for such rented accommodation that can be easily afforded. Make sure that the location you have chosen has a healthy environment around. The location should be interconnected with different modes of transportation that will increase your accessibility from one place to another.
- Learn the language: You have to learn Portugal language before you relocate to the country otherwise you will not be able to interact or communicate properly with native beings.
- Taxation guide: If you fail to receive a taxation guide then you will never be able to know about the taxation rules of the place. Taxation regulations and acts vary from one country to another. Investments and incomes can be easily maintained if you know the taxation norms.
- Know country facts: You should know in and out of the country you are residing otherwise you will not be able to enjoy a great Portuguese residency. You have to create a list of safe places, popular places and reputed cities.
- An expense for a living: Living standard of Portugal needs to know in order to find out whether the cost of living in the country is suitable for you or not.
- Insurance: If you are shifting with your family then you have to take proper insurance coverage for protecting the members. In this regard, you have to look for the best insurance company out there.
- Healthcare: You also have to maintain a checklist of hospitals or rushing homes so that your medical needs can get fulfilled in times of need.
If you are moving for office work then you have to choose such an accommodation which is close to your office. If you are relocating for educational purpose then you have to get a home near your school or university. Acquiring Portuguese residency is not an easy task rather quite challenging. Therefore, you should take the help of any experienced relocation expert.